ASEKOL SK is a non-profit company which organizes, on behalf of producers and importers of electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) and batteries and accumulators (BA) a country-wide system of separate collection and take-back for waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) as well as waste batteries and accumulators (WBA) including their transport, recycling and financing of the entire system. ASEKOL SK is a compliance scheme, which services may be utilized by producers and importers of EEE and BA on the basis of an agreement.
ASEKOL SK’s Mission
- to ensure collection and environmentally sound treatment of WEEE and WBA
- to meet quality standards for the treatment of WEEE and WBA
- to utilise its funds efficiently
- to be a trustworthy partner for state and district authorities
- to perform awareness-raising activities among the general public.
ASEKOL SK was founded in July 2010 by the leading representatives in the market for consumer electronics, information technology and telecommunications equipment. The following companies are partners in the compliance scheme:
The ASEKOL SK compliance scheme is registered by the Slovak Ministry of the Environment (MoE) for handling of all categories of WEEE and all types of WBA.
Within the operation of the system of separate collection and take-back, ASEKOL SK co-operates closely with municipalities, distributors, service shops, collection companies and processors of WEEE and WBA.
ASEKOL co-operates closely with:
- the WEEE Forum, a European association of compliance schemes, based in Brussels as its member
- the Clearing house ELEKTROODPAD